Smartphone battery explosions happen from time to time, and the most recent case involves an iPhone 6 unit that exploded in the hands of an 11-year-old girl. The device did not cause any injuries, but did burn through a blanket, and gave a good scare to those involved. Apple is already investigating the incident and will replace the faulty unit with a new one.
“I was sitting down, and I had my phone in my hand, and then I saw sparks flying everywhere, and I just threw it on a blanket,” Kayla Ramos told 23ABC News. “I was right here on the bed, and the phone managed to burn through this blanket and make these holes,” the girl said.