Tag: Japan Display

News and Press

Apple will reportedly start to phase out Samsung as a supplier of this major iPhone part

December 30, 2019

Via: Phone Arena

It’s no surprise that 90% of the OLED panels used on the Apple iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are sourced from Apple’s main smartphone rival Samsung with the remaining 10% coming from LG Display. Three suppliers provide […]

News and Press

Apple to invest $100M in Japan Display, as it shifts over more LCD orders

June 27, 2019

Via: Pocket Now

It was back in March when we first heard about the Apple-induced struggle Japan Display is facing. The iPhone-maker paid about $1.5 billion of the costs of Japan Display’s manufacturing plant, betting big on its LCD panel production. However, on […]